Friday 31 January 2014

Atiku Consults Gov. Ajimobi Over Political Ambition on 2015

photo

















Former Vice President. Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, on Thursday paid a courtesy visit to the Oyo State governor, Senator Abiola Ajimobi in continuation of his nation-wide consultations with stakeholders on his political ambition.

Abubakar said that his visit to the state was in continuation of his nation-wide consultations, in line with his promise to the leaders of All Progressives Congress (APC) during their visit to him in December last year.

Speaking at Ajimobi's office in Ibadan, Atiku recalled fond memories he has of the city, saying coming to Ibadan feels like home-coming.
"Any time I am in Ibadan, I always recall my happiest days as a civil servant of 30 years. I always feel like it is a home-coming anytime I am here. It was from Ibadan here that I was catapulted three or four times on my ranks to become a deputy head of Customs. I have quite a number of memories.
“I remember it was in Ibadan here when the late Gen. Murtala Mohammed was assassinated. Because I had the same work ethics with Gen. Mohammed, I was always referred to as Murtala Mohammed. So, each time I come to Ibadan, this historic and great city, I always come back with a lot of memories.”  he said.

The former Vice President expressed happiness over the positive changes that had taken place in Ibadan metropolis, which he said had transformed the city into a beautiful state capital.
In his response, Governor Ajimobi commended Atiku for the visit, describing him as a broad-based, patriotic and consummate politician with impeccable character and humble disposition, praying that his (Atiku’s) ``consultation’’ would result in "consummation" of a relationship between him and the All Progressive Congress
READ MORE:  http://news.naij.com/58108.html

No comments:

Post a Comment