Monday 18 August 2014

Woman Asks Help After Acid Attack By Lover

Paulina before and after the acide burnt
Paulina before and after the acide burnt
Four years ago, Ms. Paulina Imuere, has been bathed with acid by her lover, Mr. Difference Ogba, who is now serving a ten-year jail term in Okere prison in Warri.
The incident happened at 5 a.m. on August 28, 2010, when the lover knocked on Ms. Paulina Imuere’s door and attacked her.

The attack left Paulina, an indigene of Kokori in Ethiope – East Local Government Area of Delta State, blind with one eye completely chopped off by the acid and the other blind but with chance to be restored. Her two nostrils are also damaged with her skull grafted in efforts to save her.
According to Vanguard investigation, pleas to well meaning Nigerians to come to Paulina’s aide have not yielded results four years down the line.

However, Paulina who stays with her elder sister at her Okuokoko residence remains hopeful that help could come her way to enable her to undergo a corrective plastic surgery to restore her severely damaged face and body.

“My elder sister, Mrs. Kate Agbavwre and members of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry and Church of God mission have been helping me and I have great hope that help will come one day. I can still see again. Doctor confirmed that I can still see again but at a very high cost. My faith is stronger now as I have taken God as my father.

“If Ogba repents and God forgives him, it is good for him. I have forgiven him. God is the true judge. I leave him to his God. The incident has changed my perception about life and my faith in God has grown,” Paulina said.

Back in 2011, after the attack, the once beautiful woman was a shadow of her former self after she was discharged from University of Benin Teaching Hospital, UBTH, Benin City.

Paulina, a divorcee and mother of three needs a lifeline of N10 million to restore her dignity.
Speaking about how she met her ex-lover, Pauline remembers: “I divorced my husband with whom I had three kids after irreconcilable differences and incompatibility. I relocated to Ujevwu in Udu Local Government Area of Delta State. There, I began selling meat at the Warri Refinery and Petrochemical Company (WRPC) area, a business which sustained and provided for my needs as the kids were with their father.

“After about six months, my church members alerted me that Ogba whom I was dating was married with wife and four kids. I trailed him and got the truth and I told him to leave me alone, but he refused. His wife got wind of our relationship and started coming to abuse me at home. They (Ogba and his wife) beat me up and took my money (N30,000). I reported to the leadership of Egini community. They reprimanded him but he would not change his mind.”

“This started when he, as a motorcycle rider(okada), conveyed me home. He identified himself as Mr. Difference Ogba, and told me he was resident in Egini, a neighbouring community to Ujevwu. He said he was not married. He picked interest in me and I told him I was a divorcee. He said he did not mind,” Pauline said.

Three months later, when Pauline moved to Ekrokpe Community in Ughelli-South Council area to escape Ogba, the accused found her house and poured acid on her head.
“I shouted for help and fainted. I woke up two days later at UBTH to discover that Ogba was the one who knocked on the door and poured me acid,” Ogba fled after the incident.

“I have gone through excruciating pains as I had to undergo three different surgeries. Flesh was cut off from my lap to patch my head and lip. My skull was operated on. I weaved my head a night before but the acid that soaked on my head burnt it. I saw death but God did not allow me to die. I cursed the day I met Ogba. I regret meeting him and I am still baffled that he did this to me. He neither drinks nor smokes. I am not aware that he had or has mental problem. So, it is like a bad dream. How I wish it is a dream. I can’t see. I’m almost blind, I need help, I want to see again. Please, I need help.”

Paulina can be reached on 08027247745 through the sister, her account number is Paulina Imuere Ecobank 0059195587

No comments:

Post a Comment