Friday 28 November 2014

Nigerian Musician Caught By Police

Lagos State Police Command has paraded a 25-year-old aspiring musician named John Sunday who is charged with armed robbery.


Sunday told reporters he went to the illegal route to get N100,000 to promote his reggae album.
He said: “I am a musician from Ikofepepe in Akwa Ibom State. We were three in the gang, but one is on the run. I needed money to launch my album, Tureke Reggae; that is why I went into robbery. I was targeting N100,000″ .
armed robbers and music
Musician turned armed robber and his friend
His partner, John Onyekachi Oshomi (right) said he was a bus conductor and went into robbery to feed his family. The two were arrested on November 21st.

“I was a commercial bus conductor. We were operating on the Agege Total-Oshodi route. I just got married, but my wife is still in the village. I was looking for money to feed her whenever she comes to Lagos; that was why I went into armed robbery,”  the suspect confessed.

The Lagos state police commissioner revealed that they were able to apprehend the robbers off a tip on November 21 at 10pm. On that day the armed robbers were planning their operation in Lagos.

No comments:

Post a Comment