Friday 21 November 2014

Nigerian Coach Recounts Ordeal In Kidnappers' Den

Ndubuisi Nduka, coach of FC Taraba, has come out to say what he went through while he was kidnapped for four days by unknown gunmen in Port Harcourt.
The former Heartland coach, who was reportedly kidnapped by six armed men in the company of his elder brother on Monday evening around Aro-Ngwa off Aba-Port Harcourt Expressway near Ugba Junction, regained his freedom on Thursday night after four horrendous days in the kidnappers’ den.
Narrating his ordeal in the hands of the kidnappers, in an interview with Supersport, Nduka said though he had a rough moment with his kidnappers he remains eternally grateful to God for sparing his life.
Coach Ndubuisi Nduka
Coach Ndubuisi Nduka
The one time Plateau United coach said: “I was kidnapped on Monday evening together with my brother and taken to unknown destination for four fearful days.
“For four days I spent in the kidnappers’ den aside their trademark body torture I didn’t taste any food or water.

“Initially, they demanded for twenty million Naira (N20 million) as ransom but after protracted bargaining and pleading we parted with an undisclosed substantial amount of money before I was let off the hook on Thursday’s evening.
“I’m really grateful to God for His goodness as I regained my freedom hale and hearty that was the closest shave I had with death in my life so far.
Coach Nduka.
Coach Nduka.
“I know the ugly practice of kidnapping is prevalent around the spot we’re picked but this was the first time I fell to their antics.

“I want to thank everyone who rallied round me at the trying moment to ensure I came out alive.
“The kidnappers actually turned my supposedly joy into sadness following a hard fought final day Glo Premier League clash away victory at Sharks in Port Harcourt which cement our position in the Nigerian topflight.”

It was gathered that Nduka will rejoin his side in Jalingo to wrap up the out gone season’s activities as well as plan for the next season.

The Glo Premier League newcomers finished the season campaign on 12th position on 53 points.

No comments:

Post a Comment