Monday 24 November 2014

Jonathan's Eligibility Suit: Documents Vital For Court Stolen

Lawyer and plaintiff Wahab Olatoye, one of those challenging Goodluck Jonathan’s eligibility in 2015 elections, said that the unknown stole the documents vital for the process.  

Goodluck Jonathan declares interest to run for re-election in 2015
Goodluck Jonathan declares interest to run for re-election in 2015

It would be recalled  that earlier this year Adejumo Ajagbe and Wahab Olatoye asked the Federal High Court in Abuja to disqualify Jonathan from seeking re-election.
Reacting to the development, the court promised a speedy hearing on the matter ahead of the February polls.

The sitting was reportedly scheduled for December 1.
According to the recent updates, the incident took a new turn as some men broke into Olatoye’s office on Friday, November 21, having stolen “most of the files containing documents to be used in the eligibility suit and other vital documents”.

Olatoye, who immediately reported the case at Garki Police station, expressed shock over the situation as he told The Nation:
“It is really a great surprise to me, when I was called on Saturday morning that my office had been burgled by yet- to-be identified persons. It was my office alone that was burgled of the offices in the plaza. The thieves came in through the ceiling and ransacked the files.

“Although, they made away with the money I left in the office, they also stole documents, especially the ones I am using in pursuing my case against the eligibility of President Jonathan to contest the election.

“As a plaintiff in the matter and a lawyer, there are some documents I need to hand over to my lawyers, which I kept in the office. My computers were also destroyed, the office safe was damaged.
“The matter has been reported at the FCDA Police Station in Garki. The police have promised to come on Monday morning for further investigation.”

Meanwhile Goodluck Jonathan officially declared his presidential bid on November 11 in Abuja after he had been previously adopted as a sole candidate by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
Follow N

No comments:

Post a Comment