Monday 26 May 2014

I Rejected N5m Offer To Act Nude – Nollywood Actess, Blessing Nweke

Nollywood Actress, Blessing Nweke has revealed, that not even money will make her act nude as family name is more important to her than riches.
photo
The Anambra State-born actress now back to Nollywood after leaving the industry at some point due to the frustration she felt from the producers and directors revealed how she turned down an offer of N5 million to act nude.

"I am worth a reasonable sum both in cash and assets but that is not what attracted me into acting. I’m not from an extremely poor background and I’m not desperate to acquire wealth. I turned down an offer of N5 million from a producer to act nude. It was very tempting but for the name of my family that I cherished dearly, I rejected the offer. I refused to drag my family name into the mud".

On acting Nude she said:
"The movie industry, especially acting is very challenging. We are trying to do what people like you are shy to do. Several producers have asked me to mention any amount of money for me to act nude. But I keep telling them that I cannot bring the name of my family to disrepute for any reason. I have a lot of issues with female producers also, especially when you are doing well, jealousy is the order of the day".

The Computer Science graduate of Federal Polytechnic, Damaturu, who started acting from her childhood featured in her first ‘Visual Silence', where she played the role of girlfriend to the lead actor, Vincent Ofurum.
She went into acting fully in 2010 and has starred in movies like ‘Pandemonium’, ‘Visual Silence’, ‘Political Armed Robber’, and ‘Thirty Girls in the Wilderness’.

No comments:

Post a Comment