Tuesday 13 January 2015

Jonathan Has Failed Nigerians- Obasanjo

After attending the wedding ceremony of President Goodluck Jonathan’s niece, former President Olusegun Obasanjo has said he would not compromise on his criticism of the president, insisting that Jonathan has failed in his performance Premium Times reports.

Obasanjo showed up at the wedding ceremony of President Jonathan’s niece in Abuja five days after he accused the president of squandering $2 billion crude oil savings left behind by his administration.

In an exclusive telephone interview with Premium Times on Monday, he said he would not stop criticizing President Jonathan despite attending the wedding because the issues had to do with the progress of the country.

“There is no personal issue between me and him,” Obasanjo said.
He invited me to his daughter’s wedding, I had time and I attended. So, there is no issue of reconciliation or un-reconciliation. You people don’t understand. The wedding was a social event.”
“Jonathan has failed in his performance and that I have made clear. No compromise about that. There is no compromise about anything that has to do with the progress of Nigeria. If I have an event I will invite him, if he has time he can attend.”

“You people don’t understand this matter. I have nothing against him. I am not fighting him but I won’t compromise on serious matters about Nigeria.” 

However in his new book, “My Watch” which was released last month, it would be recalled that the former president, lambasted the president, describing him as a self-centered politician who thinks less of the country and fraternizes with corrupt and questionable characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment